Video from the Java 7 Seminar @ TU-Sofia
The video from the seminar about Java 7 organized by the Bulgarian Java User Group (BGJUG) on 20.05.2010 in the Technical University of Sofia is finally published (thanks to Yordan Yovkov for the video processing):
At the seminar (and also in the recorded videos) I and Mihail Stoynov explained in details the following topics:
- Java 7 – Introduction and Chronology
- Dynamic Languages in JVM
- Java Modularity – Project Jigsaw
- Language Enhancements (Project Coin)
- Closures for Java (lambda functions, extension methods, etc.)
- JSR 203: NIO 2
- Other new features: Compressed 64-bit oops, Garbage-First GC, Upgraded Class-Loaders, URLClassLoader. close(), Unicode 5.1, SCTP and SDP
I had the same talk in Varna, at the Varna Free University Chernorizets Hrabar, invited by the developer community on 29.05.2010.
I already published the presentation and downloads.